As a returning student I’ve picked up a few tips on student life. The purpose of this blog is to help you by giving you great advice. So grab a cup of coffee, kick back and read!
Teachers: OK, the first thing you need while attending at NEC is a good teacher. Having a good teacher will help you learn more and it helps when you have a good connection with them. I know that when I have a really good teacher, learning comes more naturally and easily.
Single Parent Life
I know a few people who are single parents and they have to deal with the whole balancing act. Use the following:
- Make a schedule
- Prepare meals ahead of time so you don’t spend forever getting it done. Prepare beforehand, throw whatever in the oven and serve!
- Search the web and community centres for daycare. You can also ask fellow parents for advice.
- Join a single parent club
- Join a homework club
You also have to keep your stress and depression levels in check. It’s natural for all students to have high stress and medium to high levels of depression. Try and keep positive and not dwell on the negative. If you feeel stressed or irritated, use the following:
- Take a 5 min break to walk around inside the school
- Take deep breaths
- Get some fresh air
- Think of something you like. Eg. Animals have a calming affect, think of your pet and how much they mean to you.
- Talk to a friend
- Join a monthly group and talk about your feelings. You’ll be surprised to find how much you have in common with them.
In conclusion, life is tough when you are a student. Stressed emotions, sore body due to stress and demand of work load. It can be easier when you know what to do.
Take a walk or think of your loved ones, you can be a survivor!